Have you just bought a brand new Verizon cell phone, installed its battery, powered it on, only to find out that you can’t use it to make a call? This is because you have not activated the wireless device yet. Almost all new Verizon prepaid cell phones need to be activated before 1st time usage. Below is a step-by-step guide to show you how to activate your Verizon prepaid phone online.
1. Find a computer with internet access. Of course, if you have other devices with web browsing capability, they can also be used.
2. Open the web browser and type in the URL: https://www.verizonwireless.com/activate. And it will take you to the Verizon Wireless prepaid activation page.
3. On https://www.verizonwireless.com/activate, you first need to select your location. This location is where you will most often be using your mobile phone. They will use this information to assign you a new number. You can pick your location by typing in your zip code and your city and state.
4. On the next page, you need to choose your area code for your new phone and then enter the ESN or MEID of your device. ESN stands for Electronic Serial Number and MEID stands for Mobile Equipment Identifier. These numbers can be located on your phone. You just need to remove the battery to see it.
5. Then you are all set and they will give you a new wireless phone number. Enjoy your new Prepaid Verizon cellphone.
For those of you who don’t have an internet access, you call make a call to get it activated over the phone.